- D.O. Utiel Requena (Valencia)
- No oak ageing – Best when consumed young.
- Analytical Data:
- Alcohol 13 % by Vol. · Res. Sugar 1.44 g/l · Acidity: 5.11 g/l
- Serve at:
- 59º F-63º F
- No Sulfites Added Wine , Vegan Wine , Organic Red Wine , Non-GMO Project Verified Wine ,
- All of the production is obtained from the Estate FINCA CAÑADA HONDA. The production area includes lime soils which are ideal for obtaining colorful wines. Also the sand textures of these lime soils benefit the ripening of the grapes. The vineyard is situated 800 – 850 meters above sea level with an N / SE orientation resulting in maximum sunlight exposure.
- The wine making process without the use of sulfur means that the hygienic conditions have to been extreme during harvest season. The grapes are harvested solely by hand in small crates. Every effort is made to avoid breakage and bacteria attacks. The wine deposits are filled very briefly so as not to delay the delicate fermentation process.
All elements that come in contact with this no sulfite added wine are subject to the most extreme hygienically conditions.
- Mix of sandy and clay soils, with the presence of stones.
- Training system:
- The vines are guided by the Gullot doble system, although the vines are not held. This system enhances the airing of the vines, avoids the emergence of cliptogamic diseases. Also, a shading cover of the vegetation avoids the direct impact of the sun on the vines.
- Tasting Notes:
Medium color. Aromas of strawberry, stewed plum, vanilla custard, and baking spice with a bright, dry light-to-medium body and an interesting, medium-long , prune, and bittersweet chocolate finish with well-integrated tannins. A well-balanced, fruit-forward Spanish blend.
Granulated berry and plum aromas are slightly reduced and come with an animal note on this Tempranillo and Cabernet Sauvignon blend. A flush, weighty palate is well balanced, while flavors of dark plum and cassis finish tannic and a bit rubbery.
“Juicy, smooth and tangy with pure plum and racy raspberry, fresh and lively, balanced and certified Organic, quite charming.”
Tasting Panel Magazine
- Enjoy with:
- Ideal with meats,Spanish and aged goat cheeses and Spanish Tapas.
- Ecocert SA
- Only Indigenous Yeasts used. Suitable for Vegans.
The name Spartico and the label design are derived from the word Esparto, or Esparto Grass. For centuries Esparto Grass has grown alongside Spain’s vineyards, providing various forms of life sustenance (woven tapestry, coverings, papers) for the grower families. Spartico wine celebrates the venerable union of terroir and man — a biodiversity between Esparto and Spaniards— that has lasted through the ages.